I have been kicking around the idea of a blog for awhile now (at least a few months or so). I follow a lot of great bloggers on twitter & I really enjoy reading their tweets and interacting with some of them. I think joining the IGGPPC really is what gave me the push I needed. So I decided to just go for it (blogging is just tweeting but longer, right?).
Since I’ve started this blog, I’ve been so excited & so inspired. I have lots of ideas running around in my head. I guess this post is me trying to work out my plans.
- I know that sometimes I get really excited about things & over commit. I’m trying to remedy that here. I thought that assigning topics for certain days might help with that. So far I’ve come up with: Mail Call Monday, TV Tuesday, Thankful (or Thoughtful, I can’t quite decide yet) Thursday & maybe Favorite Friday (Friday is harder to commit to though, because of my work schedule). I think I will start these next week. sidenote: It strikes me as ironic that I started this blog on a Tuesday; usually I have to start all new things on a Monday
- I also like the idea of all those 30 day challenges, so I might do some & write about them here. One of my favorites is the fat mum slim photo . I started doing them in February, but I haven’t been able to complete one yet. Gonna keep trying though!
- I have struggled with punctuality my entire life. I’m not even exaggerating! I got a few lunch detentions in middle school & probably high school because of tardies. My late boss was fairly flexible about this & never seemed to mind if I was a few minutes late (I usually run about 10 to 20 minutes late). But yet another consequence of his passing is stricter rule following all around. I really need to remedy this problem. I hope if I write about it here, I’ll be held even more accountable. One of the blogs I follow, the Money Saving Mom had a 3 week program about making mornings better. I think that I will try to follow it now.
- The IGGPPC will probably get their own post later down the road, but I’m feeling so excited about them right now that I’ve gotta say some things about them! Honestly, when I heard about it, I kindof just signed up because it was about pen pals & mail. I do love my mail. Since becoming a part of the party, life has been way more fun! This is a group of the most creative, kind & fun girls around the world, for sure. & I really love that one of the founders is only an hour away from me. Local girls making a worldwide impact. So awesome! Anyway, I’m really excited about all the side projects coming from this group, be it the group-wide geek girl notebook, the house GLaDOS traveling notebook, the goodreads groups (yep, there’s one for the group & one for the house, too!), or the group blog (hogwartsgirls), its all so exciting & fun! I’m just so thankful to be a part of it!
- I honestly don’t really like to say much about current events. I have my opinions & you have yours. I know that you’re not likely to change your mind based on what I say. But I have to talk about Boston. The event hit me really hard emotionally. I’ve been fairly emotional since John’s passing in general. & that will probably be its own post sometime, too. So far I’ve just been in the “we miss him & we’re sad all the time but where do we go from here” stage. I don’t even ask the questions like how & why. I think those might hit me later but right now I still just miss someone who was my friend & extended family & mentor. Boston makes me ask those questions. My Team in Training coach, Harland, was there. He’s ok but I was upset for him. I am a runner. I know I’ve said on here that I’m not really a runner anymore because I don’t do it, but I will always be a runner & my heart is just so sad for the entire running community. Of all the groups to target, you go after runners, really? These are the most kind hearted, determined
athletes,people around. & speaking of kindhearted, my heart has been happy with all the support that’s been given to Boston. This response from Mr. Rogers’ mother about scary things in the news has been floating around a lot & its become one of my favorites : “Look for the helpers. You will always find people helping. ” I hope to always be one of those helpers.
- Ok, one decision made! Thankful Thursday HAS to happen! I guess it can be Thoughtful sometimes too, but always Thankful!
So today’s Thankful Thursday is:
I am thankful for connections, new & old. I started this post talking about my new IGGPPC connections. I am so thankful for them. I ended this post talking about my connections within my work family. I am so so so completely thankful for them. The last five years have changed my life & helped me grow so much. & now their support (of me & each other) is helping get through a terrible & difficult time.
update: OMG! I am extra thankful for wordpress’ saved revision area! I almost lost this whole post! I’m such a newbie!!