After I made my list of things I wanted to do this year, I looked it over & was noted that all of the goals fell into 3 different categories: health, accountability & financial fitness.
My biggest area of focus was health. Here are my goals & methods to get healthier in 2014:
- Running Challenges
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
- Go to Exercise classes 1-2 times a week
- Track meals & exercise (I use the myfitnesspal app)
- Cook meals for Mike & I at least twice a week
- Bring & eat breakfast on the way to work at least 3 times a week
- Drink at least 1 cup of green tea daily
- Try to cut out carbonated beverages/drink sparingly
My next resolution is to be more accountable. To do this, I pledge to:
- reply to snail mail within 2 weeks
- blog at least 2 times a week
- finish 4 fmsphotoaday or other challenges
- keep up better on the household chores
- be more punctual
My other resolution, to be more financially fit, is one that I’ve been working toward for a few years now. I might be a little bit too optimistic, but I think this could be the year that I become debt-free. I also have virtually no savings. To remedy this:
- I plan on using the snowball approach, where I take out the bills one at a time. With my new position, I get paid the same amount every week, so I can plan accordingly.
- I also plan on following the 52 week money savings challenge, but in reverse.