My major goal for this year is to get fit & healthy. I’m doing that mostly from running. I’m pretty pleased with how January went, overall. It was definitely my jumping off point but I know I’ve got awhile to go.
- meeting & starting up with Team Confluence – I am loving representing my running store. We had a really productive & fun first meeting & I’ve already gained a whole handful of new running friends. Seeing what they’re doing on Facebook really helps motivate me & keep me going. And they’re even better in person. Applying for the Team was definitely one of my best decisions last fall.
- beginning the Bridge Run Training Program– Loving this program! I definitely respond well to having a coach (well really who wouldn’t?). I like that we have set work outs to do every day, as well as weekly meet ups. It has really kept me accountable. I didn’t run much last week & felt super guilty when Coach asked how my week went & I had to say “well I didn’t run much”
- Races- working on my 14 in 14 goal, I have 2 races done. I think that’s an excellent start! Also, I’m pleased to report that I super improved from race to race. Can’t wait till the next one (but I think that’s not till March)
- Milege- According to my Run This Year monthly report, I ran 21.52 miles in January. Not bad, considering I waited until the 12th to actually start running. & I’ve already beat that this month (about 37.3)! I’m still not sure if I will actually be able to run this year (1251 miles), but I sure am going to try. For the record, my Runkeeper app says I’m 3% done.
- New Friends- I’m pretty excited that besides my Team Confluence friends, I’ve made several other new running friends. Yay! I’ve also been participating in #runchat’s on twitter. They take place at alternating times on Sunday nights. I love getting to know other runners on twitter & following them helps me stay motivated!
So yes, I would say January was a good running month. Here’s to February being even better!